Bellsouth.net provides good quality internet, media, and email services. Among all of these, their email services are the most popular. It uses the Yahoo Mail platform, and users mostly gain a glitch-free experience while using their email. But don’t think you cannot encounter problems every once in a while. There is a massive chunk of users who report the BellSouth email not working issue. Login difficulties, inability to send messages, and email not working with third-party clients like Outlook are common. It is essential to address these problems to experience smooth communication. That’s why in this article, you will find different ways to resolve email issues.
What Results in BellSouth Email Not Working?
Before troubleshooting, it’s a wise practice to find common triggers of email issues. Here are the chief factors for the problem.
- The email server is down.
- You have not entered the correct email ID and password.
- Your BellSouth account isn’t set up appropriately with your email client.
- There’s a need to optimize the working of the browser.
- Antivirus is blocking the BellSouth email from functioning properly.
- The storage space is not adequate.
- Your email is not synced correctly.
Ways to Resolve BellSouth Email Issues
Tackling different email problems in Bellsouth email isn’t very time-consuming. Use the below-mentioned measures to fix your specific problem.
Fix BellSouth Login Issues
BellSouth users widely report being unable to log in to their accounts. If you are facing such BellSouth email login problems, try these tips.
- Ensure that you enter the correct email ID and domain name. There shouldn’t be any space between the domain and your email address.
- The password you enter should be fully correct.
- Login issues can also arise if the BellSouth server is down. Go over to sites such as Down Detector and check whether BellSouth email’s server is fine or not.
- Examine your internet connection. You should have a properly functioning internet connection to access your email.
Configure Your BellSouth Email Account Correctly with Outlook
Account configuration issues are usually the reason behind BellSouth email not working properly with Outlook. You can reconfigure your account through these points.
- Launch Outlook and head to ‘Account Settings.’
- Now choose your BellSouth account and hit ‘Remove or Delete.’
- Now, tap ‘Add.’
- Choose ‘Manually configure the email account’ and hit ‘Next.’
- Now you need to input your email ID and username.
- imap.mail.yahoo.com is the name of the incoming IMAP server.
- Likewise, smtp.mail.yahoo.com is the name of the outgoing SMTP server.
- Input your email ID in the Username field and password in its field.
- Now tap ‘More Settings.’
- Choose the ‘Outgoing server’ tab followed by the ‘Requires authentication option.
- Tap the ‘Advanced’ tab and input 993 in the field of ‘Incoming port.’
- SSL is the encryption mode.
- 465 is the SMTP server in the outgoing port.
- Select ‘SSL Encryption.’
- Tap ‘OK’ followed by ‘Next.’
- When the ‘Finish’ button appears, tap it.
Fix the Glitches with Your Web Browser
If you find BellSouth email not responding on your browser, it indicates a problematic browser. You must update it so that you can use your account properly.
- In the ‘Settings’ of your browser, look for the option to delete cookies and cache.
- Next, clear all the bookmarks so that your email account loads quickly.
- After that, use the latest version of a compatible browser to access your BellSouth email account.
- Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Safari are prominent browsers that BellSouth email supports.
- You may find BellSouth email not working and loading very slowly if you have adblockers or VPN extensions installed. So, disable all of them.
Setup a Secure Mail Key
At times, you will find BellSouth email not responding in clients such as Outlook if it is a legacy account. To fix it, change the password and develop a secure mail key.
- On the website of BellSouth, tap ‘Sign-in Info.’
- Now, select the email account to make a mail key.
- After that, navigate to the section ‘Secure Mail Key.’
- Here, pick ‘Manage secure mail key.’
- Now, opt for ‘Add secure mail key.’
- Enter the security key name and select ‘Create secure mail key.’
- Now, click ‘Copy’ and then ‘OK.’
- Open Outlook and change your password with the key you’ve just copied.
- Now you can access your BellSouth email account on Outlook without any issues.
Look at the Spam Folder and Block the List
If you are facing trouble in receiving new emails in your account, look at the spam folder. Chances are that some of the new messages are going to this folder. Apart from that, check the block list in your account. If you’ve mistakenly categorized the email ID of your sender in this list, there’s no way you’ll receive messages from them. Checking these things will take a few minutes. So, it would be wise to do so.
Look at the Forwarding Settings
People commonly complain of BellSouth.net email not working when they cannot get the message they expect. You can resolve this problem by reviewing the email forwarding settings. Head to the ‘Settings section in your email account. Once you’re there, navigate to the ‘Forwarding and POP/IMAP’ part. Remove the check from the option to forward a copy of incoming mail. Now you will get the messages and information you desire from your contacts.
Make Changes in Network Settings
If the quality of your internet connection is low, you will be unable to access your BellSouth emails. It will also hinder you from logging into your account.
- Head to the ‘Start’ menu.
- Now, go to the Control Panel.
- Once there, choose ‘All Control Panel items.’
- Tap ‘Internet Options.’
- After that, click ‘Advanced’ followed by ‘Reset.’
- The final step is to click ‘OK.’
- Now you can try to access your email account.
Now there’s no reason to feel hopeless when you find your BellSouth email not working. The measures mentioned in this guide will help eliminate all big and small glitches in your account. Thus, you can enjoy smooth email communication. However, if there’s something that isn’t clear to you, connect with a reliable email help pro team.