SBCGlobal has been offering people worldwide top-notch users with email services. Its subscribers use it to exchange documents and photos. It also allows you to communicate efficiently. But sometimes, the service also malfunctions. You will notice your SBCGlobal email not working in many cases. Not only on the browser, but the email also fails to respond on iPhone and Android as well. Thankfully, you don’t have to think about performing complex troubleshooting. You can resolve email issues such as problems in sending and receiving messages and difficulties in signing in with a few simple measures. This guide will function as your resource to surpass all these problems by yourself.
What Is Causing SBCGlobal Email Not Working Problem?
Troubleshooting will only yield good results when you know about the triggers of this issue. Let us explain them to you.
- Your Browser settings are wrong.
- Glitchy add-ins are triggering the issue.
- Interruption from an antivirus.
- The server of SBCGlobal is not functioning.
- Weak internet signal strength.
- You’ve set your email on your Android or iPhone incorrectly.
- Proxy servers are causing this issue.
What to Do When You Notice SBCGlobal Email Stopped Working?
The reasons mentioned above can all be fixed with a bunch of simple measures. Go through them below.
Fix the Issues in Your Browser
It would be wise to start out by optimizing the browser so you can fix any glitches in its operation. Outdated browsers result in compatibility problems. So, first, try to find if there’s an update of your browser available.
Start updating your Google Chrome browser by hitting the three-dot symbol. You can find it on the top right. Then use the ‘Update Google Chrome’ option.
Sometimes, you may not locate this button. So, click ‘Help’ and then ‘About Google Chrome.’ This action will make your Chrome browser check and install updates. After that, remove all cookies, cache, and site data from it.
Resolve the Glitches with Sending and Receiving Messages
The main purpose of an email service is to aid you in sending and receiving messages. So, when you find SBCGlobal email not working on Windows, and you cannot communicate properly, it is natural to feel concerned. Here are the crucial steps to take to fix issues with both sending and receiving emails.
Resolve Problems in Sending Emails
- Firstly, find out if the SBCGlobal email is down in your location by visiting the Down Detector website.
- Check if you are typing the right recipient address.
- Update your mobile application to the latest release.
- Check if you are sending huge attachments. If so, compress them into smaller ones.
Resolve Problems in Receiving Emails
- Make more storage space by removing old messages and media from your account.
- See if you have blacklisted the email ID of the sender. Unblock them if this is the case.
- Turn off the Forwarding settings if you’ve enabled them.
- Examine your spam folder.
Reset Your Password to Fix Login Issues
Many users face sign-in issues with their email accounts. If you find your SBCGlobal.net email not working because of your inability to sign in, you must reset your password. Here are the handy instructions for this process.
- You must start by visiting the Sbcglobal Forgot Password webpage on your browser.
- Once there, use the ‘Password‘ option
- Now, fill in your complete SBCGlobal email ID and your last name.
- Press the ‘Continue‘ button.
- From the drop-down, choose ‘I’ll answer my security questions.’
- You can now answer the questions correctly to reset your password.
- After you are done answering them, press the ‘Continue‘ button.
- You can sign into your SBCGlobal email account using the new password. Now that a fresh password has been made, you won’t encounter any troubles while logging into your account.
Check If IMAP/POP Server Settings on Your Device Are Correct
Many users report SBCGlobal email not working on Android devices. A major culprit for the issue is the wrong SBCGlobal.net email settings. Use the right ones, as mentioned here. Also, check that your Android device is connected to an active network.
Incoming Mail (IMAP) settings
- The incoming Mail server name is mail.yahoo.com
- The port is 993
- SSL is needed. So, it must be Yes
The outgoing or SMTP settings
- The server is mail.yahoo.com.
- Its port is 465 or 587.
- SSL requirement is Yes
- Authentication is also a necessity.
Configure the SBCGlobal Account Correctly
If you are reporting about SBCGlobal email not working on your iPhone, chances are that you haven’t configured it correctly. Restart your iPhone and follow these steps.
- In the ‘Settings’ section of your iPhone, tap ‘Mail’ followed by ‘Accounts.’
- Head to ‘Add Accounts’ and pick ‘Other.’
- Now select ‘Add Mail Account.’
- Input the name and description of your email account.
- Enter your SBCGlobal email credentials.
- Navigate to the ‘POP’ option at the top.
- The incoming mail server name is inbound.att.net.
- The outbound mail server name is outbound.net.
- SSL authentication is required for both incoming and outgoing servers. Enable the authentication by heading to the ‘Advanced’ settings on your iPhone.
- Provide your email address and password. Take care to check that the password you type is accurate.
- Tap ‘Save.
Configure Your Email Account Correctly on Mac
If you are one among many looking for ways to fix the SBCGlobal email not working on Mac, here’s the solution. You must set up your email account on your Mac system correctly.
- Firstly, navigate to the section of ‘Settings.’
- Now, pick the ‘Mail, Contacts, and Calendars’ option.
- Choose ‘Accounts’ and tap ‘Add account.’
- Input your credentials in the fields given for them.
- Click ‘Next’ and opt for the ‘POP’ setting.
- You must enter inbound.att.net in the ‘Hostname.’
- Next, fill in your email account username.
- Input your email ID username and password in the field of ‘Outgoing Mail Server.’
- The domain name will be outbound.att.net.
- Tap ‘Next’, and after that, ‘Save.’
Now, whenever you find your SBCGlobal email not working, you know the measures to follow. People using the email service on their browsers, mobile devices, Windows, and Mac OS can find the appropriate fix here. But if there’s something you cannot do yourself, consider calling an email help pro expert. The professionals will quickly resolve the glitch that is preventing you from using your email account.